Flight exploitation of aircraft (commercial pilot)
Air Transport Flight Exploitation faculty prepares aviation specialist for the bachelor degree, major in-flight exploitation of aircraft (commercial pilot).
Vocational educational programs are private and commercial pilot training are also available.
For international students we offer:
Aims of the faculty:
- Study of flight exploitation processes and systems of an aircraft;
- Acquisition of wide knowledge in aviation sector, which will give a student an opportunity to master skills and abilities of flight exploitation of an aircraft;
- Forming capacities and expertise that are required from educational program and constructing a complex view of events and skills and abilities of objective assessment.
- Preparing high qualified, competitive specialists who will be adequate for the requirements of the labor market, with prospects of getting employed on positions that require Bachelor degree.
Educational program gives a student an opportunity to acquire knowledge, develop appropriate skills and apply them based on learning and analyzing technical components. The graduate should have following competencies:
- Knowledge of basic concepts and methods of natural sciences to solve various flight objectives;
- Knowledge of basic concepts of mathematics and methods of calculation to solve various flight objectives;
- Basic topics of air law, recommendations, regulations, and requirements of EASA, ICAO, and GCAA;
- Technical and flight exploitation of an aircraft, functional systems, and aviation engines;
- Operation principles, operation ranges, possible errors and results from expected failures of aircraft instrumentation and flight-navigation systems;
- Basics of aviation meteorology, maps, analysis of actual weather and forecast;
- Theory of air navigation and methods to solve navigation tasks;
- Knowledge of aircraft mass and balance, flight principles, flight parameters and exploitation parameters;
- Human factor and limitations (physical & psychological);
- Flight safety assurance issues.
Teaching Forms of Educational Components
The learning process is conducted at lectures, laboratory works, practical exercises and during flight practice process; Furthermore, the university encourages individual and group studies.
For more information about admission procedures, please see below.
Faculty also has Vocational Educational Programs, such as:
- Private Pilot – III Level
- Commercial Pilot – IV Level
Air Transport Flight Exploitation faculty has a strong material-technical base.
Telavi Airport – which is well equipped for flight training, has modern classrooms, a hostel for students and etc.
Airplanes – Cessna 152, Piper Seneca, A-22, Boeing 737-200
FNPT II MCC flight simulator – which is according to EASA standards.
After finishing theoretical part of the education, students pass FNPT II MCC flight simulator training and then they advance to flight training, total 150 flight hours on A-22, Cessna 152 for single engine rating and 50 hours of Piper Seneca III, in addition for the multi-engine rating.
Flight training is held at Telavi Airport along with the experienced flight instructors.
After graduating with the bachelor degree, graduates take higher education diploma and Commercial Pilot License (CPL) from Georgian Civil Aviation Agency.